- 200g Butter
- 100g Icing sugar
- 200g Plain flour
- 100g Cornflour
- 3 drops vanilla essence (optional)
- Preheat oven to 170c/340f (150c/300f fan oven) or Gas Mark 2.
- Cream the butter and icing sugar, then add all the other ingredients and knead lightly to a semi-firm dough.
- Remove from bowl and coat the dough with a little granulated sugar.
- Wrap and chill in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Roll out to a depth of ¼ inch on a surface dusted with icing sugar.
- Cut biscuits to required size and bake for approximately 20 minutes until light golden.
- Cool on a wire rack and dust with icing or castor sugar.